Passionate about government? Interested in volunteering with a local nonprofit? Looking to gain leadership experience?
The Emerging Leaders Initiative of Utah is looking for driven individuals to join our volunteer-run Board of Directors. Volunteering with our non-partisan, nonprofit is an excellent opportunity to individuals passionate about civic engagement to gain real world leadership experience, grow your professional network and serve in the local community.
About the Board of Directors
- ELI Utah is entirely volunteer-run by our board of directors.
- Board term lengths are for two years, with an option to renew terms for up to four.
- ELI Utah is nonpartisan. We do not endorse candidates, campaigns or parties. Board members must remain nonpartisan in their official ELI Utah capacity, but are welcome to participate in partisan activities outside ELI Utah.
- Board members are expected to attend monthly board boards, which run for approximately 1-2 hours.
- Time commitment for board members is approximately 5-10 hours per month.
- Board members are asked to actively participate in fundraising efforts.
- Board members are expected to actively plan and participate in ELI Utah events.
- ELI Utah is committed to building an inclusive board of directors that is reflective of Utah’s growing diversity. Our board strives to include members across a wide range of political beliefs, race, gender, age, ethnicity, cultural heritage or nationality, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, socioeconomic, ability or other statuses.